[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickbow Target Archery Forums • View topic - FITA International Archery Fest. World 3D Championship

Stickbow Target Archery Forums

Traditional Archery Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FITA International Archery Fest. World 3D Championship
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:34 pm 

Last July this first annual world 3D tournament was supposed to occur in France, but I can find nothing on it, other than announcements. Nothing on results, etc.
Was it cancelled?

Post subject: Re: FITA International Archery Fest. World 3D Championship
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:03 pm 

The first 3DI (3D International) was indeed held in France the past year. The next one is scheduled for 2005 in Italy. Amazingly (or maybe not so), it was won by the American Team, consisting of Bobby Eiler (compound), Francisco Flecha (Recurve Unaided) and Bill Leslie (Longbow). The Americans won in spite of the fact that we only fielded one team, as compared to the other countries' two teams. I believe that the IBO (which sponsored the U.S. team) is intending to send two teams to the 2005 Tournament. I have heard thru the grapevine that the selections for the team(s) will be determined by an individual's standings in the IBO Indoor World, Outdoor World, and Triple Crown.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:45 pm 

You're correct Floxter.

The French gave our team no mercy....quesitoned everything including bow strings Every item of equipment from the arrows to fletching were all deemed illigal...Bill Leslie the team captain spent over 3 hours in meetings with the judges. He had to point out in the rules how their equipment was well within the guide lines. The judges knew the rules, but tried every way they could to disqualify the Americans....The Americans still trounst the whole bunch....

Excuse me, I should be a little more PC. The french have a hard time understanding their own plateu of discredited unreliability to function after getting caught with their pants down, so they chose to pick on a small group of three guests to an international function, by which they were hoping to embarrass the participants
The only embarrasment was their own. However, unlikely that is...
o mention of this in our press either.

We should call some French mothers and suggest if they raise this calibur of skunk perhaps they should stay barren.

In my humble opinion of course.

Art

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:00 am 

Maybe thats why I could find nothing on this shoot in the FITA or IFAA sites! They didn't like the results so they ignored them.

Don

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:57 am 

International competition can be a tough nut to crack. Our world and reality has to broaden and open up to countless cultures, concepts and belief systems.

I would be interested in getting the details of the querries. What exactly was questioned and how does it apply to the IBO rules? I don't see Bill Leslie posting in here much, I hope he finds his way in here to shed some light on the matter.

Larry

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:16 pm 

The French gave our team no mercy....quesitoned everything including bow strings Every item of equipment from the arrows to fletching were all deemed illigal...

Art
I heard we English had the same problem at Crecy, in fact right through the 100 years war so don't take it personal, it's traditional for the French to complain when they get thrashed.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:50 pm 

Larry, well said. It is you and others like you that are the true ambassadors. We need to learn to ignore the political posturing of professional hacks and know the peoples. I am so far removed from the beliefs of my countries political "leaders" that sometimes I wonder if we are living in alternate planes of reality.

String

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:54 am 

Hi Folks,n
Yes there was a 3DI held in France last July. This was the frist one ever. I was very pround to be a part of it. It was the most stressful thing I have ever been invalved in. I found the other shooters to be very friendly. All the other teams had team captains and coaches and 3 shooters on each class of bow. I was team captain and the longbow shooter. This double duty was a killer ! Almost all of my time was takin up going to meetings and such. I shot 46 arrows while in France. 40 is prelims and 6 in the finals. Anyway we had 1 shooter for each class of bow.
I am a very slow typist and it would take me forever to tell the whole story. It is true the every aspect of the trip was an uphill battle. Just a short run thru ;
Bad plane ride. None of the 3 of us speak a word of French. No hotel arrangements when we got there.(FITA people were suppose to have takin care of this.) 2 lost bows and one intire wordrobe. Fransisco did not get his colths for 5 days. No food for 2 days.Constant mind games by other teams coach's and captains toward us. Just trying to get our equipment quilfied was a nightmare. ( 1 hour just to get my arrows ok'd )n .............
I would be happy to answer any qusetions anybody has, just ask them.

Bill Leslie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:04 am 

Hi ya Bill, great to see you in here and I am still proud of you guys shooting in the first fita 3-D World Champs.

Please tell me what was the problem with your arrows, what was the complaint, how was it resolved.

In the next team will there be 3 teams fielded by the USA? How can I vie for a position on the team?n
Thanks,n
Larry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:04 pm 

Larry,n
The official rules for 3DI are a mixture of FITA field rules and IBO 3D rules. The FITA Congress passed these rules last July at the World Field Championships
The official language of FITA is French and English. Here lies the problem that we had/have with these rules. The English set of rules and the French set of rules do not say the same thing. Whomever wrote them did not write the exact same thing. We had to deal with every rule about every detail about everything having to do with the shoot. The problem with my arrows was that the French rules stated that my arrow points must be bullet shaped. English set of rule said nothing about that . I had regular old wood arrow points ( as we know them ). They frist told me I would have to change them. ( closest place to buy them was 40 kilometers away ) After a very long debate they accepted my points. We had this type of trouble with every piece of equipment in all 3 class's.

To my knowledge the selection process for participation in the next one in Italy is not in place yet. This is a joint venture between the IBO and FITA , so IMHO to have a chance to participate as part of the USA team one should shoot in the major IBO shoots.
n
Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:29 am 

gee art , quite a difference between your rant and the facts.
all, "in my humble opinion of course".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:08 pm