[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickbow Target Archery Forums • View topic - Are Hexshafts legal?

Stickbow Target Archery Forums

Traditional Archery Forums
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are Hexshafts legal?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:08 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:43 am 

Dana, I see you need to get over it, too.
Sorry, no apologies to anyone. I don't make a big deal outta some of the cultural quirks of the Europeans and I expect the same treatment as a Yank, particularly since STAF has always been USA based and managed.

As for your snide comment about Trad Gang ... STAF has what, a few hundred members and maybe 5-10% that are active weekly - Trad Gang has 8589 members as of this morning (549 new unique registrations alone since 1/1/06, and still growing just as fast) with an average daily participation in the hundreds and an average bandwidth usage of 130 gigs per month. When you get that big you MUST moderate, and moderation means keeping posts civil and respectful ... and Dana, you know about that real well, don'tcha?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:53 pm 

Rob it was not at all snide. The truth often offendn
And anyway what does "USA" based and managed have do with anything.

This was a horrible own goal on your part, been wrong and strong is not at all impressive!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:00 pm 

No more sparring with you, Dana - this thread's been hijacked enuf. You got something to get off yer chest, email me directly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:01 pm 

Robn
You must have some idea by now that this is more than some European cultural quirk nearly all the European visitor’s to this site would find your comments insensitive and casual attitude to Nazi’s a little offensive.

Our Estonian friends who visit this site lost around 20% of their population to Nazi cleansing, for a small country that’s a huge impact on a population. Everybody in Europe has suffered in some way, even the Germans. Many Germans that stood up to the Nazi’s were imprisoned, tortured and murdered and as an example to others in some cases the whole families were murdered.

It’s not my intention to give you a history lesson, just to get you to understand that the wounds caused by the Nazi’s in Europe are very deep and is neither quirky nor cultural.
I’m sure if you had 20% of your family killed in 9/11 you would be very upset by insensitive comments.
Shoot straightn Steve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:09 pm 

Anyone that feels it necessary to comment me about my remarks, please do so offline.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:03 pm 

quote: "Anyone that feels it necessary to comment me about my remarks, please do so offline."n
You opened this can of worms on a public online forum mate! I feel it is only fair to continue until a sincere public apology is made.
It takes a real man to admit when he is wrong and a bigger one to apologize. Well, I'll just leave it at that, you can decide.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Just do me a favor don't make any cartoons of a prophet whose name begins with M, and rhymes with Scluhammed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:41 pm 

lol drawing on the way!n Get ready to have this site burned down. (cyber burning if ther is such a thing)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:13 pm 

"So show a little sensibility to this although this is not a habit Americans are known for..."n
As an American, why do I feel like I've just been insulted? Can't we just all get along? :moon:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:41 pm 

Steve wrote: Our Estonian friends who visit this site lost around 20% of their population to Nazi cleansing...

Sorry Steve but to be honest we lost 20% of population to Soviet cleansing. That was part of Soviet-Nazi and later Soviet-West co-operation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:29 am 

Urmasn
I'll take your word, took the information of one of the Estonian (tourist) web sites when I was making plans for the EFAC tourney. must have read it wrong. :confused:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:57 pm 

GREETINGS STEVE. I REMEMBER WITH FONDNESS HOW YOU AND I WON A COUPLE OF BEERS IN A FRIENDLY COMPETITION AGAINST THE TWO SCOTSMEN IN SCOTLAND - 21 ST CENTURY AGAINST THE SCOTTISH LONGBOWS IT WAS?n
ABOUT HEX SHAFTS - THE IFAA FULES STATE THAT ARROWS MUST BE OF WOOD WITHOUT STATING A DEFINITION OF "WOOD". THEREFORE, THE DICTIONARY DEFENITION OF WOOD MUST PREVAIL, IN THIS CASE WOOD IS "FIBROUS SUBSTANCE BETWEEN PITH & BARK OF A TREE, WHETHER GROWING OR CUT FOR TIMBER OR FUEL...". HEX SHAFTS ARE MADE OF LAMINATIONS IE PIECES OF WOOD GLUED TOGETHER (THEREFORE WOOD AND GLUE)SO HEX SHAFTS ARE NOT MADE OF "WOOD" AND ARE THEREFORE ILLEGAL.

COMPETE WITH HEX SHAFTS AND YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF DISQUALIFIED AT THE END OF THE FIRST DAY.

PIET HAASBROEKn DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next