[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickbow Target Archery Forums • View topic - Current Status of Longbow Rule status

Stickbow Target Archery Forums

Traditional Archery Forums
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Current Status of Longbow Rule status
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:28 am 

Larry, all:
with regards to the handle pls. have a look atn n
and refer to "black harrier" and rrxp10. Than give me your guess which one is a longbow...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:31 am 

The handles I have collected from various bowyers offering their products via internet. The differences of "ergonomic formed grip" to what I would like to call "typical" is clearly visible. However, as Larry correctly stated, where are the limits and how to check them?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:04 am 

Martin, we have to focus on the current Longbow rules, not on a riser issue, that is not an issue
Martin can you enlighten us to who and why this riser proposal came about?
The reason that it is to seperate recurves and compounds from longbows is stupid beyond belife.
Is it a "lets screw with the longbow division because we can"n
Or "hey thoses Longbow guys are takeing over the
bowhunter shoots. let us compound shooters show them whos boss"n
How did we get from "fix the limb tip rule", to
"we need to define what is a longbow"n Whats up at the IFAA meetings do they not have anything to discuss?
If that is the case then Martin can you please tell them as an organisation they need to allow more people to shoot in their events
You know Martin all thoses fine German,Austrian,Swiss and Italians, that seem to love their semi pistol grip bows, or even their full pistol grip bows.

I have never recalled any of the bowhunter guys saying "oh look at the riser on that longbow, wow what an advantage he must have"!n
Martin this is a huge Red Herring
Focus on the limb tip rule and the 3 fingers under debacle. and lets not forget the BOW QUIVERn it is used as a stabiliser in tournament shooting
GET RID OF IT, put the Ifaa to work on that, if they are bored and have nothing to do, other than come up with new ways to screw with the longbow divisionn
Martin can you at some point tell the Ifaa that when they come up with these proposals, they need to justify them to their members.

If this riser rule goes through and i believe itn will (i hope im wrong) then Steve Kendrick is going to get an "earfull" from me when and if, he turns up at Nafac. Un like Larry im less than Diplomatic, (Yes i know that one gets more with honey) but i feel that the Ifaa have closed their mouths, and it is time to have somthing poured down their ears!n
As Steve said, we need to fight one fight at a time. Not start a new fight!n
Martin thanks for keeping us updated on the ongoing farce that is the longbow rules proposal!n
Steve Email this to Mr Kendrick please!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:45 am 

Dana, I fully understand your point and hey, the one to be blamed is me!
I brought this issue up as a point of consideration (nothing more and nothing less) and yes the issue of fixing the limb tip rule along with the issue of 3 fingers under and the issue of the bow quiver are in fact a issue of "what the hack is a longbow supposed to look like???"n Now you might think that grip question was imposed by compound shooters - belive me it is not. We had on the European Championship this year a number of complains - not protests, because Longbows do not protest each other - but archers where concerned about shaping longbow handles like recurves.Being aware that we have to justify desicions to our members we have to deal seriously with this subject. Now you here in the Stickbow Forum have the previlege to participate in the factfinding discussion - so please don´t overestimate things beyound there importance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:10 pm 

"...this is already in place: that class is called bowhunter recurve..."n
Martin,n
I guess my communication skills are not what they once were. Saying my suggestion is handled by the Bowhunter Recurve & Compound division misses the point entirely. I was trying to suggest a way (place) where the modern pistol gripped, radical R/D so called "longbow" could compete on a fairly even footing. Having them shoot against compounds borders on insulting. By the way, I am equally annoyed that simply because I use multiple anchor points (face walker) NFAA makes me shoot against compounds with nearly twice the velocity and obviously much flatter trajectory.

Oh well, guess I'll take the compounds with no sights as competition instead of the silly longbows that aren't and all the stupid rules. I shouldn't have gotten into this conversation in the first place. As they used to say back in the Appalachian Mountains where my family comes from, I don't have a dog in this hunt.

See ya, Dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:17 pm 

Dave, in IFAA they have a bowhunter class that is nearly identical to NFAA traditional(recurve) albeit in IFAA bowhunter you can have a 12" stabilizer. Now, within bowhunter there is a separate classification for recurve and yet another one for compound. Same goes for barebow. Therefore recurves compete against recurves and compounds against compounds.

No reason to get in a huff, there is a place for you in IFAA:).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:25 pm 

I checked the rules before posting the above Larry. What you describe is not clear at all from the download I got off IFAA's web site. If recurves and compounds don't compete against each other, as they do in NFAA Barebow, I stand corrected.

I'm not in a huff, just don't understand the constant bickering and in-fighting that seems to be a fixture in IFAA Longbow. I have always loved the look and romance of the longbow but I can't shoot one except those that are unlawfull in IFAA's eyes.

I am fundamentally a recurve shooter so I will go back to what I know and not butt into other folks business. That's all I was trying to say.

No offense was intended.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:51 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:27 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:02 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:50 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:35 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next