[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickbow Target Archery Forums • View topic - Current Status of Longbow Rule status

Stickbow Target Archery Forums

Traditional Archery Forums
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Current Status of Longbow Rule status
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:57 pm 

Is this a Longbow or a Recurve?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:43 am 

I'm hearing a lot of concerns about unfair stabilizing and unfair speed. That is, one of the big concerns is defining a level playing ground. Could the answer be as simple as having a physical weight limit for the bow and a speed limit for the arrows? Then, add something for aesthetics (maybe the rule about the string only touching at the nocks) and you are all set?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:20 pm 

Wow!!!! Could someone please pass the popcorn!!!!
I see that it is okay for folks in the Bowhunter Recurve class to shoot against stripped down Fita bows with plungers, magnetic flippers, foam carbon limbs, etc....... However it is not okay to shoot against "Stealth" r/d longbows in the Longbow division. Sounds like a similiar scenerio to me?n
My suggestion is if you are going to win a gun fight leave your knife at home!!!!!!! It is just that simple. Then again you can do like some, piss, moan, groan, complain, and stay home.
One would think that this thread was something important or life threatening. I am sorry but I could really care less what the IFAA, NFAA, NAA, IBO, ASA, etc...... does with their rules!.. If you want to play in "THEIR" event then you have to play by their standards. It is just that simple.
Once you all get finished hashing this out (To think I thought the current rules were acceptable). Would someone please contact me as to what the final rules changes are. If I need to buy a new bow to compete in the IFAA longbow class then so be it! Wow!!!!! that was easy, I am always looking for another excuse to buy a new bow! I must keep up my Bow Hoe status!
Have at it boys!!!!!!!! I am going to go do something productive, something that will help get my bills paid and put food on my table! Archery is a fun, enjoyable hobby, not a way of life, and that is the way I aim to keep it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:12 am 
Site Admin

Hey, brutha, don't be dissin' our thread. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:42 am 

Well, Voodoo has missed the point!n Playing by the rules is fine, it's when the rule makers keep on changing their rules, that's when we have problems.

And what do you mean Archery is not a way of life!n What's wrong with you?n
I live, breathe and eat archery
Voodoo you need a retuning, and stop eating that popcorn and get down to the range!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:52 am 

Voodoo Archer's post reflects an attitude that affects many sporting organisations namely Us (the members) versus Them (the organisation). The rules, whatever the organisation are OURS - the folk doing the competing - and we should be debating them as they affect US. Problem is when we can't agree and yet another organisation with another set of rules pops up. Just rewatched Monty Python's Life of Brian: Popular Front of Judea versus the People's Front of Judea. Splitters!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:36 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:56 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:47 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:00 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:41 am 

Same dumb IFAA longbow definition rules. Why am I not surprised?
:moon:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Well they didn't exactly cave in to all of our recommendations, but I can live with the suggested rules. The pistol grip rule is gone. The limb tip length has been extended. The continuous D shaped curve rule was relaxed. Three under is allowed.

These things alone have the potential to increase participation in the class, however slightly.....which is an improveent over how this thread started with the pistol grip limitation that would have alienated many participants.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next