[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickbow Target Archery Forums • View topic - Field Archery distances

Stickbow Target Archery Forums

Traditional Archery Forums
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Field Archery distances
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:06 pm 

Post subject: Re: Field Archery distances
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:07 pm 

The web site.

[url=http://www.
faa-archery.org/field/index.cfm]http://www.
faa-archery.org/field/index.cfm[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:24 pm 

Sure. But not a lot of arrows:')n
2 at 80, 2 at 70, 8 at 65, 10 at 60, 8 at 55, 10 at 50, and so on down to less than 15 yards.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:09 am 

You know, we shoot tonight! This is my forth year. The guy that started me out said that since I used fixed pins(just a hunting bow) that I was limited to 4 (not the five I thought) pins and only shoot out to 60 yards. So I did that. Played aroound and settled on them set at 20, 40. 50 and 60.
I just don't see those rules on their web site. I emailed them and never heard back.
What made me look was I was thinking of shooting it barebow with by Black Widow and wondered if the had a reduced distance too. Seems I didn't have one with the fixed pins before. Shouldn't of looked! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:14 am 

This is what class I would shoot in with the Widow. No distance mention.

H. Traditional:n
This style of shooting is for those who wish to compete with the Recurve or Longbow.

No device of any kind, including arrow rest, that can be used for sighting will be used or attached to the archer's equipment.

There shall be no device, mechanical or otherwise, in the sight window except the arrow rest, arrow plate or plunger button.

No part of the rest or arrow plate may extend more than 1/4 inch above the arrow.

No clickers, drawchecks or levels will be allowed. No laminations, marks or blemishes on the face of the bow or in the sight window will be legal.

The string may be of any color but must have a single color center serving. One single nocking point is permitted. One or two nock locators may be used. Brush buttons and string silencers, properly placed, may be used. Any other marks or string attachments will be illegal.

One anchor point only is permitted.

The archer shall touch the arrow when nocked and drawing the arrow with the index finger against the nock. Finger position may not be changed during competition. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers.

Gloves, tabs or fingers shall be the only legal releases. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers.

All arrows shall be identical in length, weight, diameter and fletching with allowances for wear and tear.

No stabilizer or counter balance may be used.

No written memorandum will be allowed.

Bow slings are permissible.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:37 am 

Mark, I shoot NFAA Field/Hunter with a longbow and I'm required to shoot the same distances as everyone else. I've never heard of the rule your friend cited.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:54 am 

I put this trad org tourney rules chart together a year or so ago, it should still be fairly valid, I'd think ...

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:14 pm 

Mark, I shoot NFAA and IFAA fields and I have not heard of the 4 pin 60 yard limit rule. Not sure what your friend has in mind there. All adult styles shoot out to 80 yards for fields.

Furthermore in bowhunter freestyle they allowed a pin gaurd sometime back which give even more reference points, soft sights :) .

Your friend might be thinking of one of many proposals that went through the NFAA committee that was never accepted.

Tradbows shoot 80 yards just fine, takes some practice though. :mad:
Larry

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:40 pm 

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:44 pm 

Mark, I participate in a NFAA club and we have in the past made "club" rules such as: Trad class shoots no longer than 50 yards, in order to attract more stickbow shooters. This type of thing is a local rule and is not sanctioned by the NFAA. Club shoots can make any rules they would like, they just aren't official NFAA shoots. There are only two separate distance classifications in NFAA; one for "cubs" of under 13, I believe, and the rest of us. My 14 year old son is dealing with this now. The classification of Trad puts you in a group of other shooters using the same equipment so that you are not directly competing with sights and other equipment types. It took me several years to discover the 80 target is actually fun. That's not to say I pinwheel it everytime, LOL. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:35 pm 

Thanks again. Must be some local or club rule. I plan to try it with the recurve. Better get some arrows I can find in the weeds first. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:21 am 

Develop a reproducable anchor or touch point on your face which fixes both elevation and windage. If necessary, you can align (by eye) the string with either the bow or the sight to aid in windage alignment.