[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickbow Target Archery Forums • View topic - Great Larry Yien interview in Traditional Bowhunter

Stickbow Target Archery Forums

Traditional Archery Forums
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Great Larry Yien interview in Traditional Bowhunter
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:12 pm 

Pages 48-54 feature an interview with Larry Yien done by Don Thomas, co-editor of Traditional Bowhunting. The interview is very well done (on both sides), and I found it fascinating reading.

I just left a message on Don Thomas' answering machine, telling him "Put a Gold Star on your chart, let's have more like this."n
Seems to me both Larry and Don done good.

Post subject: Re: Great Larry Yien interview in Traditional Bowhunter
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:40 pm 

Jock, great to hear from you man! Thanks for the compliments on the interview, I had all but forgotten about the talk Don and I had at the Kazoo Expo. It was bright and early at 6am, which was 3am my time, I was still trying to wake up and respond reasonably and lucently. Thank God, Don had the skill and insight to make our interview work.

The kudo's go to Don and TBM for being willing to expand their scope of traditional archery, to talk and print words from a target archer is a shot over the bow. TBM is taking up the slack that has been created by our untimely loss of other fine trad rags, I mean mags ;) . I think we should all let TJ, Larry, and Don know that we like what we see and we want more.

Hey, maybe Rob will help me write an article on soft sights :mad:
Thanks again Jock, I am glad you enjoyed the read. It is a condensed version of most of what you see on this board. If you guys read my posts you know what I mean.

Larry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:32 pm 

I enjoyed it also and was also happy to see them talk of target archery.
I'm so glad you didn't buckle on the "purely instinctive" question. :)
Maybe you broke new ground with the magazine and Rob can get a story in on trajectory aiming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:19 am 

Definitely hafta go pick up that issue of TB now! :D
In a fairly similar vein, I'm looking to digitize all 7 issues of "Longbows and Recurves", another good ol' trad rag gone by the wayside.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:26 pm 

I too was happy to see the article on Larry. TBM is a great magazine but I would like to see them branch out and take up some of the slack caused by the departure of IA. You will be interested to know that TBM has signed a contract with me for an interview on Keith Bain, several times IBO longbow champion, which I did at the IBO World shoot last year (2002) when he won the MTRD class. I have no idea when the article will be published but it should provide some interesting material to compare and contrast the different styles of the two champions. Fortunately both are also hunters or I'm not sure TBM would have any interest. Your letters of appreciation for the article on Larry may spur them to realize there is interest in more such articles....Dave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:36 pm 

Rob, If you do a CD of L&R put me down for one.
Was nice to see something different in TBH I had been getting a little tired of then articles that seemed almost the same in every issue. Perhaps a little more of the old IA format would help.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:27 am 

As a newbie here do you see the "old style" of target archery coming back. As a old geezer I remember the old walkaround archery ranges, arrow cleaning tassles, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:58 pm 

RJC, good question and I am not for certain that I know the answer. Since I am right in the thick of the field archery scene, I think I have a bias view of field archery: roving, tassles, and fields abound :) . There are those on this message board that will tell you that field archery is dead :)
Larry